Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hospital Update

As many of you know probably know, I’m in the hospital right now. I will give the background story to catch everyone else up.

Jason and I went to the ER on Sunday night because I was having some low magnesium symptoms and needed to get some fluids. They saw that my blood oxygen level was low so they decided to admit me. They also noticed that my white blood cell count was up, which normally means there is an infection. Once again, they thought that I might have pneumonia. Monday around 5pm they moved me into ICU for a few reasons: they wanted to monitor my breathing and they didn’t have any hospital rooms available. After being on an oxygen mask for a while, they switched me over to the regular nose tube. Finally my breathing was regulated and I could move rooms.

Now I’m in the PCU area of the Grapevine hospital and I have my own room. They had me doing breathing treatments to work on my lung capacity and now I’m constantly on oxygen. I have switched up my pain meds a bit so now I’m on a morphine drip to keep my pain level to a minimum. We have decided to stop using any other medications (antibiotics, magnesium, and potassium) because they are not helping with my quality of life or breathing at this point. As bad as this might sound, I know that I am close to the end and that I will be in heaven soon.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers, cards, flowers, notes, phone calls, emails, and text messages. Your support has been amazing and helped me and my family so much through this entire process. At this time, I’m only seeing my immediate family.

*Kelly*

3 comments:

  1. Kelly~

    You will be greatly missed. Thank you for being a shining light in this world. I know my family and I have always thought the best of you...you're just incredible. I am greatful for having experinced you. We love you, Kelly. We are all praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.Williams,
    No one will ever forget you. I am so happy I droped out of honors and ended up in your class. You will be missed on A days next year, but we'll be happy knowing you're in a better place.

    Love
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,
    I just came across your blog today. Casey and I went to high school/senior high school together. I had no idea you were sick, and I just sat here in shock today as I read through your entire blog. Do you have an older blog site that I might could read as well, just to catch up? You are more than welcome to head over to my blog and leave it in a comment there, or email me at amy@v-rod.net.

    I will be praying for you Kelly. For your peace, your hope, your faith and understanding. And Kelly, not matter how this ends, it will end well for you =)

    ReplyDelete

shabby

Followers