Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sorry for my absence

I know my last post was three days ago, but I cannot begin to explain how these crazy pain killers are affecting me!

So, picking up where I left off. I was at Dr. Jordan's, and she was telling me the full details of the CAT scan I had done in the hospital. The scan revealed that I don't have pneumonia, but I have had an increase in tumors and tumor sizes in several places. The pain in my lower back can probably be tied to the fact that I now have spots showing up on my right ovary. I had the left ovary removed in January, and at the time, the surgeon said my right ovary was clear.

The spots that are in/around my lungs have also grown several mm's or in a few cases, cm's. And, I have noticed personally that the tumors in the right upper neck area that are currently being treated with radiation are continuing to move...a little bit.

There is some good news to take away from this. One, we actually found a pain killer that works on my body. I was given hydrocodone (sp?) last time, and it didn't work one bit. Dilaudid works like a charm. Two, I only have 2 more radiation treatments left, and they are working for the most part. Three, the MD Anderson appointment is less than a week away. And to answer the popular question, no, I cannot get in earlier to Anderson. The people I am going to see are going to a conference next week, and won't be available for appointments until Friday.

I apoligize for leaving you hanging with my medical updates, but you have to follow what your body tells you to do.

Some family members are coming in town today and tomorrow, so I am looking forward to spending time with them.
*Kelly*

2 comments:

  1. I am going to call you later and make plans to get together. I hope you enjoyed seeing your family members.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." ~Isaiah 40:31

    Hi Kelly,
    Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you! Your entire CHS family is thinking about you. We are just a call away if we can do anything for you. Take care and enjoy your time with family!

    Blessings,
    Abbey Flores

    ReplyDelete

shabby

Followers