Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Unhappy Lungs

For the past 5 or 6 weeks, I have been going to Dr. Jordan's office almost every day for an infusion of either Magnesium, Potassium, or Calcium. My electrolytes are out of whack, because everything I eat goes straight through me. This issue should start clearing up any day, because the drug that causes this issue has been out of my system for almost 4 wks.

Anyway, I went in for my normal visit, and didn't feel well. I had ralphed (my Dad's favorite word) that morning...which is very unusual for me. I never get sick. While I was at the office, my temperature clocked at 100.3, also unusual for me. So, they ran a bunch of tests and x-rayed my lungs. I was praying it wasn't pig flu (I refuse to call it swine flu..I think pig flu is funnier). Instead, I find out today that I have pneumonia. Geez, what 29 yr old get pneumonia!! They don't know if it is bacterial or viral, but I started a Z pac this evening.

The good thing is, my magnesium is getting closer to acceptable range. Mine was 1.1 today, and it needs to be 1.6. It has been hanging out at .8 for weeks.

I have also been working on a place for Jason, Lola, and I to stay in Houston. Jason has always talked about living in a high rise, so we might stay at a corporate/apartment suite type of high rise. Thats it for now..like that isn't enough!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

shabby

Followers